Thursday, September 3, 2009

Control


Machines like the TV could be control by merely pressing buttons on a remote but that will never be the case for humans. Countless people around my age told me that they’re controlled by their parents. Parents trying to control their child well, that’s a very common thing. It always happens but how is it possible to actually control someone? As I see it, it isn’t at all possible. You could restrict people in certain ways. You could stop providing support for someone, trying to hold back someone or try to convince someone but you can never control a person’s actions and decisions.

That is exactly the case for me. I do things that I feel that I should do. I do things that I want to do. I don’t care who’s against me. I can argue for hours with my parents. I scolded my parents countless times for being unreasonable. It doesn’t matter who you are to me. Respect must be earned through actions not relations. The only thing the relations is restricting me is from taking physical actions. Verbally, there's no restriction at all. I can even use vulgarities with no hessitation.

Only one person can control you and that person is none other than yourself. Listen to people, hear others’ advises and think about them. You’re not always right. But when you are, don’t hesitate to stand up for yourself. I’m not asking you to be a rebellious child, please do not misunderstand. It is only how I do things. I’m just saying that if you really do want to be controlled not a single soul can control you.

People can’t be controlled

No comments: