Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Interest

I believe that everyone should excel in their area of interest. But then again, what if they suck in that area? Well, one may excel slower and need to work harder in certain areas but when there is will and hard work, one can excel in any area. Yeah, I did say we should find out talent and work on that but if our talented area is not our area of interest then it’s a different case. Although usually if we’re talented in something we will like the thing but there are exceptions so I am now talking about the exceptions.

Yeah, the work may be harder and takes longer if this is the case but because it is your interest, the negative feeling felt will be neutralized by the positive feeling caused by your interest. On the other hand, if you work on an area you dislike, no matter how talented you are and how much hard work and time is decreased, you still feel worse as the feeling of dislike is not neutralized by anything.

Everyone has their interest. There’s no exception to that. The differences are only how big is the interest, what is it and whether they realized it or not. It is possible for one to not know his or her interest. I myself did not uncover my interests until this very year. As you can see, I wrote interests instead of interest. In other words, I have more than one interest. Interests in different areas might start at any point of your life. Take myself for example; I never liked writing since I was young. Now, I have a great interest in writing. Writing has become my hobby. I have taken up blogging, I’ve been writing poetries and I even feel like writing a story now.

Of course, I still love add math and teaching. If you say talent, I would say I probably have talent in add math but if you say teaching then I would say I don’t know. Yeah, sure I’ve thought people before but whether I did a good job or not I really don’t know. Nobody ever gave me comments about my teaching. I hope people would comment so that I know what I am good in and what do I need to improve. To be a teacher it is not only about talent but it is very much about experience. Experience without feedback would still be lacking though because it is through feedback that one knows where to improve and eventually do better.

Actually even as a student, one should work hard on their interest already. One can even start a part time career in their area of interest already. It is actually quite an advisable thing to do provided the time for school work is properly planned and done. As I said, it’s not only about talent but also about interest. Don’t know you talent or interest yet? Seek and you shall find it.

Follow your own interest, not others'.

End
Yu

No comments: