Sunday, August 26, 2007

Change

Time just goes by never stopping and never slowing down. As I write and write and as you read and read, time just passes by. Reminiscing back into the past, changes are certainly felt. As time passes everything just changes. If we go into individual, people around changes, your path changes, treatment you receive changes, even your own thinking changes. Basically, everything changes.

Things changes most as one goes through the different stages of human maturity. From babies to pre-school, from pre-school to early primary, from early primary to late primary, from late primary to early secondary, from early secondary to late secondary, from late secondary to college and university, from there to working from working to retirement. One’s life is separated into so many stages. Of course the stages after university can still be broken down but because I’m just a young boy, I am incapable of doing so. Basically I can only go till form 4 because that’s where I am.

Sometimes the reason the things around seem to have changed not because they really changed but because your view of life has changed. I can’t really say generally because I do not know but my life before form 4 is just more or less smooth. Sure, maturity still happens as different people are met, different things happen, and different difficulties are faced but I don’t think it can be compared to the life in form 4. Form 4 has just been one heck of a year for me. I’ve grown massively in form 4. In a short eight months I’ve grown more than I have in years before. The experience has really been nothing compared to what I’ve faced before form 4. If life is a roller coaster, form 4 is one heck of a ride.

I used to think I was already at the matured stage but after going through this stage of maturity I finally understand why people say I was still a kid. I have always been seen as a more matured person in front of my friends but back home I can always feel my immaturity. Now, I do not feel immature but I understand that one will not know one’s own immaturity before going through the stages. I wouldn’t say I’m already a matured person as I do not know am I and will not know until I reach that stage. Reminiscing back at only the form 4 past, so many feelings can be felt so many changes can be seen.

I’ve heard people saying eldest among siblings are more matured but also heard youngest among siblings are more matured. Well, in my opinion it depends very much on the situation. Eldest can be more matured because they have to take care of the younger siblings while youngest can be more matured as they get influenced from their elder siblings. Basically eldest get matured being forced by situation while youngest because of the influence from being with their more matured siblings.

I am a youngest child myself and I’ve always been known as a more matured one in my age group. I am influence by my elder brothers who are 5 years and 9 years older than me in thinking. At the same time I get influence by my friends who are at my age as well. These two influence mix and well, creates a hybrid, me. If you’re thinking it will create two way characteristics, you’re wrong. A different thing will be created. If you use mathematics for example, 3+4=7 it won’t be equals to 34. Well, maybe I’ll elaborate on hybrid on another post. For now, for this post, it ends here.

Time never stops flowing, nothing ever stops changing

End
Yu

No comments: