Thursday, September 13, 2007

Of the Inactive Period

More than 2 weeks have flowed by since the last time I’ve posted. Why is it that I have not posted for so long? Has no events passed by in this 2 weeks plus? No, in fact many events have flowed by. Is it because I have no philosophy I can input in? No, I have plenty of philosophy I can add in. Is it because I’m busy then? Well, maybe a bit but it’s not the reason. So what is it? It’s mood. Not everything should be done according to mood but if I blog when I don’t feel like blogging has defeated the purpose of doing it. I and a few of my friends of mine have been saying form 4 is like what a year and there are still a few months. So much could happen in this few months.

One of the main event is well, scouts AGM. During the speeches of the ex-COH, I believe many were actually hoping for them to finish their speech quickly. I personally do want it to be fasted a bit but was giving attention to the speeches at the same time. Even though I knew the probability of me being QM is very high but there was still the possibility of me being anything (except TL, FQM and secretary). Well, after all the speeches then came the announcement of the post holders. As the list goes on, the number of posts gets less but the post I want still haven’t come. There was a dilemma there as I don’t want my name to come so fast but I want it to be announced also because I feared I can’t get it. Well, in the end I got it so nothing more to say.

TL: Lee Kin Meng JTL: Chim Li Ching
Secretary: Lyn Kam Assistant: Joel Soon
Treasurer: Tai Kian Min Assistant: Cheong Kah Hao
QM: Leong Wai Yew Assistant: Lee Yew Leung
FQM: Caely See Assistant: Yong Chee Ken
Den Warden: Mathew Woo Assistant: Vincent Tan
IT Head: Geoffrey Kok Assistant: Shannen Kok

I still have not started doing my QM work yet. Well, I don’t think you’ll expect me to do 100% of the work right? Well, maybe I’ll do 70% but definitely not everything alone man. I’m not a normal person but I’m not that crazy. Well, efficiency of work done by me alone will surely not be as good as with help. Therefore works that requires a lot of effort should be done with the help of many people. Most people still haven’t started their work yet but kind of amazing what the FQM did. The kitchen now is like wow. I don’t even know how to describe it.

Even as the scouts QM I can say that I’m quite a newbie in QM. Well, I’m haven’t really been handling with QM stuff before this and I’ve done no post holder jobs in the past years. There are two kinds of people who will be chosen to take responsibilities whether posts, representatives or whatever it is. The two kinds are experienced people and people with potential. To have a successful leading board you need both experience and potential. There are people with both but in the case of not having enough of them you’ll need some with 1 and some with another.

There’s much more to write but I’ll have to pause here and continue the next post.

YU

No comments: