Sunday, September 30, 2007

Aims and Dreams

After one week and here I am writing again. What is a difference between a dream and an aim? A dream is usually just what people hope to someday achieve or have while aim is what they plan to work towards. Not all dreams remain a dream. There are cases where dreams becoming an aim someday. Things that are once thought impossible might be found out as something possible someday. Many existing things nowadays are here because of people’s dreams. For example, people once thought that a machine flying is impossible and now people are flying here and there like it’s a part of life.

I absolutely agree that people should at least have a dream. Whether or not it becomes an aim is another matter but it’s still good to have a dream. Even so, one must not be too obsessed on dreams and forget about aims. It’s more important to have an aim than to have a dream. One should look far beyond what the current logic tells but it is important to look in the world with logic as well. It is very unlikely that you can find something out there. That is why you have to get an aim which is far more probable than a dream. Of course, the best is having both of them.

People tend to have multiple aims and dreams they want to achieve. It is not wrong to have multiple aims but there must be a primary one. If there isn’t an aim that is primary, you’ll either end up in confusion or your spirit, effort and everything will be divided. With a primary one, you can put in full force in working towards the aim and you’ll be certain where you want to go. Other aims are just to act as a backup incase anything goes wrong. So basically it’s like just having 1 aim and switching it when something is making you unable to achieve it.

Dreams are different in this case. Multiple dreams aren’t a bad thing. Even having hundreds of them wouldn’t cause any problem. In fact, the more dreams you have, the higher is the chance that there would be one becoming reality. Even if none of it becomes reality it wouldn’t do anything to you so why not just have more of them. I’m not telling people to get more of it though. Even I myself don’t have many dreams. I only care about the most desired dreams of mine. Others I just let it be forgotten. I feel there’s no point even if others become true because it’s not like it’s one of the most important things. But then again, it depends on people so you should decide for yourself

I have multiple aims actually and currently the 1st aim is to be a successful educator. Even so I don’t want to finalize my aim with just that. I want to do invest or do my own business with the money I earn. As I get more money I want to just invest and make an early retirement. Basically my final aim is to make an early retirement with enough money to invest in something I don’t need to always look into. In other words I want to retire young with money still coming in. If money is not enough or it’s time to settle down but there’s nothing to do then I’ll go back into the working world after the many years of enjoyment. The working world must be the field I like of course.

Dreams I do have more than one but I guess I’ll only mention 1. There’s 1 dream that’s been always in my mind lately, the dream to be a great man respected by the world. I always imagine that I am a special person born with special abilities with a special mission to achieve. It’s not like a hero saving the world from evil of course. That would be a small kid’s imagination. I imagine that maybe I can somehow make people realize something or maybe do something. For example, I can somehow make people become scared of something like global warming and everyone follow the ways to save the world from something like what happened in the movie “The Day After Tomorrow”. A greater but very much less probable example would be I’m able to change people’s thinking and stop doing sins and thus creating a utopia.

Even though that dream of mine has quite a low probability to become reality, I believe that someday I will be “somebody”. I believe my thinking and ability is amazing enough to bring me far and make me become “somebody” one day. This is not a dream but neither is it an aim, it is a belief. Now tell me, do you think my belief is true? I’m serious. I really want people’s opinion on this. Please give me your opinion whether it’s good or bad.

Aim with logic, dream without.

End
Yu

No comments: