Sunday, September 16, 2007

Poetry

16 Years of Life


Sitting quietly listening to a clock,
Listening as it goes tik tok tik tok,
Listening to the going by of every second,
Seconds that goes by every now and then,

Reminiscing the past I could never go back,
Events of the past that I can never reset
Regrets I have, satisfactions I had,
Many things happened in this life I led,

I begun with nothing turning to a baby,
Becoming a kid and changing to a teen,
Countless feelings in these 16 years,
Joy, Sorrows and not forgetting fears,

16 years and it’s the year of form 4,
Recent it may be but it’s the best of all,
A year of experience, a year of emotions,
Creating a man who could build up a nation,

Maybe all are destined by God,
But it doesn’t mean we can just sit and rot,
It’s chances that are given by the Lord,
But it’s for us to choose to take it or not.

Things are gained, things are lost,
Many things changed including my thoughts,
It’s due to all the experience I had,
Experience that I will never forget,

Countless memories have flown away,
Some don’t even last for a day,
But these memories of age 16,
They will remain with me for eternity.


This poem is just something I created out of interest. If it is compared to any true poems I believe this poem is like nothing at all. My poem is very straight forward and doesn’t use symbols and stuff. Doing something doesn’t mean you have to be good in it. The most important thing is actually you feel better doing it. I may not be a good poet nor a good writer but I at least I feel better expressing myself through writing.

It doesn't matter if you're good if you're happy.

End
Yu

No comments: