Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gifted or cursed?


A question came across my mind recently. To have an exceptionally intelligent mind, is it a gift or a curse? I’ll say it’s a gift but it’s not all good. It makes a lot of things more convenient but the powerful mind will start to think about all kinds of things and usually you won’t get really happy from that. My point is “gifted” is not always good, not only for mind but in general.

I’ve been thinking too much on using my “gift” and kept my vision of my future very narrow. I suddenly feel that it’s not what I want. I never knew what I want but I realize that I’ve been looking in the wrong direction all these while. Aims and goals shouldn’t be restricted by the area you’re gifted in. Directions should be set according to desire and not talent.

Gift or curse, it's how you use it.

No comments: