Saturday, November 3, 2007

Teaching

Teaching doesn’t only apply on education though. Teaching also includes the teaching of religion, way of life and things like that. There are different styles of teaching by different kinds of people. Some may choose to just make people remember, some may choose to teach by punishment and reward way and some may even choose to tell them their own story or experience. There are other methods of course but the best method is definitely by telling them the logic so that they understand why.

People who do not know about thing will ask why. Reasons are very important for one to decide whether or not to follow, apply or even remembering. Many people do not understand this principle and just keep saying the surface of things like don’t this, don’t that or that’s not right, this is right. They just neglect the very important thing which is ’why?’. That is definitely the most important thing to be told if you want people to follow, apply or remember.

If we go into the education world, many teachers tend to neglect telling student the reasons things happen. Maybe it’s because they themselves don’t know, maybe they don’t bother or maybe they just don’t realize how important it is. I do not know the reason but I can assure you by telling the reasons the students will do better. There are good teachers who do not neglect this fact of course and the difference of the effectiveness of their lessons can clearly be seen.

On the religions, I do not wish to touch as religions are very sensitive issues and I fear I might offend someone or cause small commotions. Therefore, I will go straight to the teaching of life. For parents, many parents do not know that by punishing and scolding the children will not change. In fact, many children tend to be rebellious. They’ll just do the opposite of what you tell them to do. How many children are rebellious towards their parents I do not know but I can definitely say I am a rebellious person.

There’s just no use telling me things without reason. I’ll just take it as crap if the reason is untold. What I require is a logic that I understand and can accept. The logic of what I’m saying is people remember the reasons or logic better. Humans are intellectual beings. We can use the logics and reasons to create things. Pure remembering and applying is not good enough. The situation differs every time and therefore there will be changes required but with the same logic or reason. That is why we have to answer the ‘why?’ every time.

Don’t just tell people how, tell them why.

End
Yu

No comments: