Thursday, July 12, 2007

What is a man?

What is a man? I believe everyone has their own definition of a 'man'. Just a day ago, my English teacher, Miss Cheryl said that her definition of a man is a person who is strong enough to cry. I think that she definitely have a point in what she said.

I mean, how many people can actually cry? Some can't even cry behind other people. Of course I think a man should be able to cry in front of others. Many so called 'manly' people think that crying shows that they're weak and they don't want to show it no matter what.

Well, I have my own definition of man. I feel that a man should have 2 characteristics. 1, a man should have the courage to stand up and stand firm to protect. 2, a man should have the courage to let go some of his pride for a purpose. For example, to protect again. At times we might need to let go our pride in order to be able to protect something.

I also believe that one should not hold his pride so high in front of his loved ones. I think we should let out our soft side to our loved ones instead of trying to be all high and mighty. I also believe that a man is only a man if the characteristics is true. One who tries to act strong I believe is not manly. I believe it is one's true characteristics that should be used to define whether he is a man or not.

Well, lastly I would say we should just be ourselves. Whether one is a man or not is not really that important. Everyone is special. We have our own special characteristics. If our characteristics isn't manly, let it be. But then I would say don't be a wimp at the very least. Even though we don't need to be a man I believe that we shouldn't be a wimp. That's it.

End
YU

No comments: