Monday, May 21, 2007

Purpose

Does everything we do need a purpose actually? Well, I think that almost everyone is selfish. Everything they do is actually for themselves. Well, maybe you'll ask, how about those people who's willing to sacrifice for others? How about those willing to die for others? How can they do that if they're selfish? I once thought that way as well. But then after many time of thinking, I came up with this idea.

Actually all this actions are actually for themselves. How is it for themselves? Helping people for example. For many people, helping people will make themselves happy. Sacrifice for maybe love for example. Some are willing to let the one they love be with someone else. Maybe you will say, how can this be for themselves? It's such a painful thing to do. But then if they truly love the someone, they'll feel worse if they are sad. In dying for someone's case, if they live not being able to save the someone, they'll live their life with sadness forever. If they save them, they get one moment of happyness for being able to save the someone.

In short, everything they do is just to make themselves feel better. If you deny that you think like this, think again. Are you really not like this? If you ask do I think like this I would say I don't know. I did ask myself this question, do I really do things for this? I never get to answer myself. If you call me to say probability, most probably I think like this. Selfish? Maybe. But helping others make me happier than helping myself would make selfish a good thing.

This is just an idea I came up with. I won't insist that it is true I won't even say it's true. It is for you to decide to think it's true or not. But then well, no matter what, one should do what would make them happy. As long as it doesn't affect others negatively, I think we should just do whatever makes us happy. I don't mean you wanna have fun just quit school or quit work and just go play though. Life might continue for much longer. So, we must make sure in the future we can be happy also. Some people might also choose to just stress themselves to the max for years so they can enjoy the rest of the years they have. For people who are suffering but just delay and take no action, time might not solve anything. You gotta take action yourself and not delay. Ok, that's all.

End
-YU-

No comments: